- Okay, first visit their website. ie: http://www.bandsname.com/
- Go to the page that is playing the music. ie: http://www.bandsname.com/music.html
- Right click and select from the pop-up menu, "View Source"
- A bunch of code should now appear in a text editor. Search (Control-F) for ".swf"
- There may be more than one result, but among all the choices make you best guess at which one controls the music or just do the next step for all of them. A good chance it's the right one is if the full text result is "bandsname mp3.swf". "Menu.swf" likely isn't.
- Test it out by modifying the following "http://www.bandsname.com/bandsname mp3.swf" and copy it into your browser's address bar. You should hear music or see a play button appear.
- Again, in your browser's address bar at the top of the screen, modify and then enter the following: "http://www.bandsname.com/bandsname mp3.xml" You'll notice we simply changed the file extension from .swf to .xml
- If all goes well, you should have MORE computer code appear on your screen. If you get an error, retrace your steps, try a different .swf file name in the page, or you may need to be a bit clever to continue on your own.
- Among all the code, do a search again (Control-F) for ".mp3". If you find anything, you win!
- Copy the entire contents of the text string you found, ie: "bandsname mp3_files/01 songs name.mp3" back into the address bar with the band's website address if one is not specified. ie: http://www.bandsname.com/bandsname%20mp3_files/01%20songs%20name.mp3.
- This should download the song for you! If you want to list what other songs they have in the directory for download, try the following: "http://www.bandsname.com/bandsname%20mp3_files/01%20songs%20name.mp3". You can then just click on any file to download it if it all works out for you.
Okay, so I hope that all was a bit interesting for you. I don't promise it will work for all web pages or bands, but the basic idea there will work for many of them. No, I won't provide you with any band sites that this hack might work on,.. but I will suggest to you a band that does have great music--- c0ndu1t